NTK Quick Start Program
6 Weeks (not limited to) = $200/week
This program is designed to get you an affordable quick start to your pet, gundog, or antler dog.
· Exposure to new dogs of various ages and sizes.
· “Play” time everyday to have time to just be a dog.
· Learning to communicate with other dogs during this time to create a healthy and safe environment for your dog and everyone’s.
______ Basic Obedience
· Stay (starting to steady for you waterfowlers)
· Heel (On lead)
· Heel (Off lead with e collar if the dog is ready)
· Kennel or place training
_______ Table Work
· Introducing the dog to a bench and a table. Something new expands the dogs mind to take direction and new leads.
· Gets the dog up at a level where I don’t bend over in a submissive pose.
· I take the dogs feet away, and mouth to take away their “fight or flight” to gain trust and leadership.
· Jumping on and off the table is a great instructive exercise.
________ Bird and Gun
· Introduction to live birds (pigeons or quail)
· Creating prey drive
· Get them to start using their noses
· If the dog is hard mouthed, I will use winged dummies or dokkens most of the time.
· Introduce gunfire once the bird desire and chase is bold and strong
· I use a starter pistol in this process.
Intro to Sheds
· Introduce the antler and antler scent
· Get the dog or pup to pick up the shed and retrieve it
· If the pup or dog progresses well, I’ll start hiding them to get the dog to find and pick them up.
· Getting the dog set up with good retrieving habits.