This program is designed to help shape your puppy's behavior and educate you on how to give your puppy the best head start in life with the right behaviors and opportunities. This way we are only building through the pup's training and not fixing things.
Part One (4 weeks) $800
For Puppies between 8 weeks of age and 5 months old ONLY
We offer a vaccination/deworming package if your pup isn't up to date. The package is $150.00 which includes monthly worming, DHHP, Lymes, Kennel Cough, and Rabies Vaccinations.
- Puppy obedience
- Starting a stay behavior
- Recall to name and "Here" command
- place training (starting place behavior and command)
- introductory to a lead
- Behavioral Training
- no jumping
- no biting
- no barking
- running and playing with other dogs
- meet and greet other dogs
- learning social skills important for life
- riding in a dog trailer, dog box, crate
- Field Development
- developing a strong retrieve and good habits
- introductions to birds, sheds, and or tracking if requested based on the area you are looking into.
- introduction to water and different cover
When you pick up your puppy, we go through everything so you fully understand the task at hand and how to keep moving forward.
Gun Introductory Program
(2-3 Weeks) $200/Week
- Starter Pistol
- We use the starter pistol to introduce gunfire while doing bird work and or retrieving work based on your puppy.
- We take this slowly at your dog's pace, at this point we don't want the pup to respond to the sound, but simply keep doing the task at hand.
- Louder Starter Pistol
- Once the puppy shows consistently that the starter pistol is a positive experience, we upgrade to a louder cap.
- We don't always make it to this level with every puppy, but if we can, we introduce the shotgun at a safe distance and work in closer. Not every puppy is ready for this, and if they are not we just suggest holding out for a few weeks or month(s). Its important to understand every dog develops differently.
- Recapping Part One
- During this time we continue recapping training learned in Part One of the early puppy education program.